Cardiology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, as well as their prevention. Cardiology focuses on congenital and acquired diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Among the tasks of cardiologists are:
- diagnosis and examination of congenital and acquired diseases of the heart, circulatory system, blood vessels and heart muscle
- support and guidance during the rehabilitation of patients with cardiovascular diseases and socio-medical evaluation of their professional resilience;
- basic intensive medical care;
- examination of the heart by ultrasound (e.g., echocardiography);
- diagnostic cardiac catheterization with coronary angiography, among others;
- jointly with other scientific disciplines, interdisciplinary determination of guidance in treatment processes and evaluation of nuclear-medical research and surgical treatment methods.
At the HiperMedica clinic, you can receive comprehensive care in cardiology. Specialists provide diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disorders:
- heart rhythm disorders – arrhythmias (atrial fibrillation, ventricular and supraventricular arrhythmias, tachycardia, palpitations)
- ischemic heart disease (myocardial infarction, stable coronary artery disease)
- heart failure (right and left ventricular)
- congenital and acquired heart defects
- arterial hypertension
- myocarditis, pericarditis and endocarditis
- diseases of the aorta (aneurysms)
There is a wide range of non-invasive diagnostics, including cardiac echo with advanced assessment of left ventricular systolic function by STRAIN-GLS (global longitudinal strain), which can detect even early damage.